Welcome and Thank you for visiting www.PennyCounselingFl.com
Penny Iannotti, NCC, CCMHC owner of Penny For Your Thoughts Counseling Florida, LLC is a proud member of the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce and the Lake Nona Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Are you feeling overwhelmed or frustrated at home, at work, at school, with your mental sports performance? Are you challenged by certain aspects of your life or in relationships with others? Identity crisis? Sometimes talking to someone about ourselves can be difficult. I provide a comfortable, safe space where you can freely share whatever you are dealing with knowing that you will not be judged. Let’s work together to tackle those issues and come up with a plan to best serve your needs.
I understand how uncomfortable and intimidating it can be to ask for help. My life was turned upside down by the unexpected death of my husband. I found a Mental Health Counselor to help me deal with the loss. The professional support I received was incredibly helpful. In fact, it motivated me to go back to school so I could help others through their difficult times.
Having been through my own difficult times, I can empathize with clients while remaining professionally objective. I bring my clients empirically supported care, tools to develop practical skills, and evidenced-based treatment to help them address their challenges. Please contact me at 407-883-3027 for your free 15 minute consultation. I look forward to working with you!
- Stress Management
- Mental Wellness
- Trauma and PTSD
- Grief / Loss
- Mental Health Sports Performance and Coaching Services
- Identity Crisis
- Blended family
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Counseling
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Skills
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Suicidal Ideation
- Weight Loss
- Women's Issues
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 17)
- Adults (18+)
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)
- Trauma Focused
- Individual and Couples
- Avg Cost (per session): $50 - $100
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Currently private pay clients
I am currently a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern in the state of Florida in the final stage required to be a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with the state of Florida. I earned a Master’s degree in Counseling and Psychology from Troy University’s CACREP accredited program. I am certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and a Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC). A former EMT, I am also a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CTTP). In addition I hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Biology. I currently serve on the Mental Health Counselors of Central Florida as Executive Board Secretary. Professional associations include Phi Kappa Phi, American Counselors Association (ACA), American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA), Florida Mental Health Counselors Association (FMHCA), and the International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP).
Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
For more details please visit Psychology Today or click the link below.
Penny Iannotti, NCC, CCMHC
National Certified Counselor (NCC)
The National Certified Counselor is the premier certification for the counseling profession. NCCs have voluntarily met high national standards for the practice of counseling. They are competent in skills such as human growth and development, social and cultural foundations, helping relationships, group counseling, career counseling, assessment, research and program evaluation, and professional counseling.
- Board Certified
- Board Certified Counselor
- Clinical Consultation
- Clinical Counseling
- Clinical Documentation
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Clinical Skills
- Community Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Coping Skill Development
- Counseling Ethics
- Ethical Principles
- Group Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Professional Counseling
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Treatment Planning
WHAT IT TAKES TO EARN THIS BADGE
- Master's degree with a major study in counseling from a regionally accredited or CACREP-accredited counseling program, including at least 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours of graduate-level academic credit in counseling.
- Documentation of 100 hours of counseling supervision and 3,000 hours of counseling work experience. This requirement is waived in certain circumstances: for graduates of CACREP-accredited counseling programs; for fully state-licensed professional counselors; for those who have had a degree conferred from a regionally accredited doctoral program in counseling.
- Applicant was required to earn passing score on the National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE) or the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE). Both are proctored exams on counseling competencies complete with identity verification at an NBCC-approved testing site.
- Ethics - Must adhere to the standards identified in the NBCC Code of Ethics.
- Recertification - NCCs recertify every five years and are required to earn a specific number of continuing education clock hours.
Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
The Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor is the premier certification for professional clinical mental health counseling. CCMHC certificants have voluntarily met high national standards for the practice of clinical mental health counseling. They are competent in group counseling, career counseling, assessment, advanced clinical skills, family/couples counseling, addictions counseling, human sexuality counseling, trauma counseling, and counseling for special populations.